Success Story - "Workplace Services"
|Large private University
in the U.S.
|Objective was to reduce
the overall costs for Workplace Services on the campus. Overall spend was
believed to be in excess of $1.5 Million on an annual basis.
“Workplace Services” include facility-related services such as Space
Office Moves, Furniture Installation, Refurbishment and Disposition,
Warehousing, Distribution Services and Asset Management.
|Paladin Actions & Recommendations
||Paladin worked with the
Client to identify all direct costs for Workplace Services.
By categorizing and analyzing expenditures the costs for Workplace Services
were determined to be $3 Million, double the original estimate.
Spending Decisions were made by 20 individual departments or groups with
little communication on projects, vendors and Best Practices.
– Develop a University-wide policy for the contracting of
– Open up lines of communication between Departments to share
information and Best Practices
– Leverage the $3 Million in spend to contract with Best In Class
at Best In Class Pricing
– Effectively utilize the existing University maintenance staff to
some of the work on campus
– Utilize supplier expertise to develop a more cost effective
– Developed a universal Scope of Services accepted by all
– Researched the market for single-source suppliers
– Issued an RFP for the $3 Million in Workplace Services
After a significant amount of Due Diligence was performed with bidding
suppliers, including Best & Final Presentations and Site Visits, the
University developed a contract with Best In Class Terms & Conditions and a
strict Service Level Agreement
A single point of contact was named and that individual’s staff helps
coordinate all activity for the University making the process as seamless
and cost effective as possible
In 3 years the University saved
approximately $1 Million
from Best Practices implemented and Cost Savings
realized from leveraging their spend